Lively Minds Wanted!… Can you contribute your time and expertise to help changes lives? We have a range of exciting volunteering opportunities in Africa and in the UK. No matter how you choose to get involved, you can be sure that you will be making a huge and lasting difference.
Volunteer Ghana or Uganda
Our volunteer schemes are a unique and fantastic opportunity to experience life in Ghana or Uganda, gain new skills and make a personal and lasting difference to hundreds of lives. Work alongside our experience local staff to set up community run educational Play Centres and Reading Schemes in rural deprived communities.
Volunteer with us for 2 to 6 weeks (it’s up to you) and give hundreds of children living in poverty a better start in life & the chance for a brighter future. Find out more about this exciting opportunity
- Help change lives whilst having the experience of a lifetime.
- Immerse yourself in village life working directly with women, children and youth. You’ll form close relationships with these communities and leave behind a lasting legacy.
- A fantastic opportunity to gain hands-on experience in international development.
- Full training and support given pre departure and in-country.
- Options to Volunteer in Northern Ghana (Tamale or Bolgatanga) or Eastern Uganda (Jinja).
- You’ll be involved in some, or all, of the following tasks;
Setting up new Play Centres – Helping train mothers who’ve never been to school, to learn new ways to educate their children through play. Setting up new Reading Schemes – Working with Primary School children improving their literacy and training them to run weekly reading sessions for their younger peers. Monitoring and supporting our existing projects – working with children, parents and youth.
We’re always on the lookout for people who are willing to donate their time and expertise to help us with Fundraising, Marketing, PR, Design, Website, Social networking…. whatever your skills, or how ever much time you’re able to give, we would love to hear from you.
Examples of projects, short tasks or other help we need here in the UK include:
- Press and PR support or advice
- Bucket collecting for a couple of hours at your local train or tube station
- Designing a promotional flyer
- Cheering our Lively Minds team at a running event
- Promoting our work at your University
- Data entry at our London office
- Researching funding opportunities
If you are interested in Volunteering please do get in touch and let us know what you’re interested in helping out with.
Email Julia at email@example.com